A: Maintenance issues can be categorized as either emergencies or non-emergencies. Obviously, emergencies require immediate mitigation. Examples of repairs that would be considered urgent include:
- If your heating breaks down during winter when there is no other form of heating available,
- If you only have one toilet and you cannot use it, or
- If you have a gas leak.
Basically, emergency maintenance issues are those that threaten your safety or those that have the potential to cause property damage. If you experience any of these, please reach us at 813-344-0034 ext.4.
Non-emergencies, on the other hand, are those that do not require immediate attention. That said, we always do our best to address them within 48 hours of receiving the report.
Examples of non-emergencies include:
- Tap which cannot be turned on
- Blocked sink, bath, or basin
· Partial loss of electrical power or light